[Zope] Editing downloaded + installed product?

Stefan Hoffmeister Stefan.Hoffmeister@Econos.de
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:39:51 +0200

: On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:48:49 -0400, Michel Pelletier wrote:

>> From: Stefan Hoffmeister [mailto:Stefan.Hoffmeister@Econos.de]

>> (Re)starting ZServer takes about 18 seconds on my development
>> NT4 system
>> (192 MB, 540 Mhz overclocked Celeron). I somehow feel that
>> this is an a
>> tad bit inappropriate time lag.
>
>Why?

Let me add "for development purposes" to clarify.

Look, I am used to blazingly fast compilers - Object Pascal (Borland
Delphi) and Borland C++Builder with well-done pre-compiled headers.

19 seconds delay, combined with the "manual" action of shutting down the
server + starting it up again - I perceive that as an eternity.

What do I do in these 19 seconds?

>the ability to do
>a python reload could be elaborated and implimented, of course you have
>to source code so you can provide a patch. ;)

You wouldn't want to accept a patch from someone who has clocked 20 hours
of Python and Zope combined <g>.

If I knew more about Zope and Python, you would have seen a patch by now.
But since I am pretty new to both of them, I am still trying to
reverse-engineer everything for at least some understanding of how things
work.

PS: Of course I don't develop on a production machine.