[Zope] Trapping Login's

Chris McDonough chris@iqgroup.com
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:28:12 -0400

 Dan,

Are you using Medusa (the Zope-supplied web server)?  And are you using HTTP
basic authentication (popup login)?  If so, use the Z2.log file it generates
to see who has logged in and when...  the user login name is one of the
fields in the log.

I might be tempted to use a cron job and a Z2.log parsing script to mail a
login summary to me on a periodic basis instead of doing that job through
Zope...

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Rusch
To: zope@zope.org
Sent: 10/21/99 2:58 PM
Subject: [Zope] Trapping Login's

Hey all,

Does anyone know of a way to "hook" into the login of zope powered site
so that I can "log" who has logged in and when. Additionally, I want to
set up a
notification system for the beta phase of a project so that I get
notified if
a user logs in (I can handle the notification part via e-mail, just
looking for a
trigger method).

The only thing I can think of is to have all users URL to the same place
and login there.

DR

For developer-specific issues, zope-dev@zope.org -