[Zope] Editing downloaded + installed product?

Stefan Hoffmeister Stefan.Hoffmeister@Econos.de
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:26:11 +0200

: On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 19:36:20 -0500, Tres Seaver wrote:

>Yeah, but try deploying that newly-compiled application to thousands of users
>all over the world in nineteen seconds.  Server side tools have different design
>forces, and therfore different tradeoffs.

Well, even on the server side human labour should be extremely expensive.
Faster turn-around -> cheaper, faster development.

>> What do I do in these 19 seconds?
>
>You catch up on Zope mail -- what else? :)

Kicking off an C++ background build, for instance :->  Slamming a few
newbies in the Borland Delphi and Borland C++Builder newsgroups for not
doing the RTFM exercise ;-)

>FWIW, it takes my (almost empty)
>ZServer about 3.5 seconds to restart on Linux.

In the light of my database packing experience, it seems as if I should
get myself the Zope source code for compiling wherever ZServer boots up
fastest (BeOS anyone?) :-)