[Zope] Fwd: Draft CatalogAware Howto

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:38:13 +0200

At 12:53 22/10/99 , Alexandre Ratti wrote:
>Hello,
>

>I added minor changes to the draft CatalogAware Howto. It can be viewed on
><http://www.zope.org/Members/AlexR/CatalogAware/>.
>
>Could any of you experienced ZClass users have a quick look? I'd like to
>make sure I do not say something plain wrong before I release it.
>

>Thanks.
>
>Alexandre

I have been thinking about this lately.

When changing the default catalog, you are still indexed in the old catalog
(if there was a catalog with the old default name), because adding a
CatalogAware based ZClass instance causes it to add itself to the default
catalog.

Also, you are not yet indexed in the new default catalog, yet we use
reindex_object, which first removes you from the catalog. Right now, this
is not an error, it silently ignores this.

In the future however, this may become an error. Therefore, the proper way
of changing the default cataloger is:

   <dtml-call unindex_object>
   <dtml-call "manage_editCataloger('newCatalogID', REQUEST)">
   <dtml-call index_object>

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer