[Zope] RDF and Zope

Tim Wilson wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 00:58:45 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

I've spend the last couple hours trying to wrap my brain around the W3C's
RDF spec. I actually just finished reading Tim Berners-Lee's new book
which mentions RDF.

Anyway, I'm wondering what, if any, relevance this has for Zope. Is there
anyone who would be willing to offer some comments? My own thinking began
as I considered how to display news headlines from different sites on my
Zope site. After doing some reading I learned that RDF seems to provide
some mechanism for making that easier. I really don't understand it yet,
but it seems like some important work. I'd love to hear more about it from
someone more familiar with RDF, XML, and related Python tools than I.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/