[Zope] displaying headlines

Ian Blenke icblenke@2c2.com
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 16:32:07 -0400

I'm doing this on Wizdom with Squishdot (0.1.5, so YMMV):
	http://wizdom.blenke.com/

There are a few Code examples as well:
	http://home.blenke.com:10080/Wizdom/Code

This is not an incredibly fast site (although it is on a
dual-celery 500). It's not something I consider "production"
ready yet :)

I'm willing to work with anyone that wants to take a stab
at decoding slashdot's "slashdot.xml" format - ultramode.txt
isn't going to last forever.

 - Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@2c2.com> <ian@blenke.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: kedai [mailto:kdie@kedai.com.my]
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 1999 12:53 AM
To: Tim Wilson
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] displaying headlines

On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 10:48:34PM -0500, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Has anyone developed a product that allows you to display current
> headlines from AP, CNN, or some other source on a Zope site? If not, does
> anyone know of a news source that makes its headlines available in some
> easily parsable form so that I can do it myself? One of our two local
> papers (Minneapolis Star Tribune) gave me permission to do it, but I would
> have to dig them out of their homepage. I'd appreciate any ideas anyone
> would like to share.
>
> -Tim
there was an ext method for slashdot.  try zope.org:8080

i am also interested in doing this but sadly i am no master in python.  i
think we can grab data using ZClient.  the only thing is parsing the data.
how can we parse the fetched data thru dtml?  is it even possible?

For developer-specific issues, zope-dev@zope.org -