[Zope] RE: [Zope-dev] PTK Model

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 11:40:12 -0400

Yes.

> Will there be a SQL Method interface for storing PTK objects
> in a RDBMS?
> Or will PTK objects only be storable in the ZODB?

PTK objects are only storable in the ZODB.  The good news is we are
elaborating relational extensions to ZODB.

> For those of us that use OD, it would be useful to browse or
> update your
> model
> directly in OD, would you consider releasing the full model
> rather than the
> HTML
> export?

What would probably be best would be to make our CVS repository public.
There, you can checkout a version of our models (many of the models,
including PTK, are interrelated).  We also use an OD 'file based
repository' so it wouldn't be feasable to deliver all of the files to
you anyway, and many of the files would contain guts not pertenent to
PTK.  Not being the CVS guru, I can't give you a timeline.

-Michel