[Zope] Q: How to pass session information from outside into Zope?

Avus avvus@netscape.net
24 Oct 99 20:25:00 MET DST

Hi,

how do I transfer session (or authentication) information from a non-Zope site
(PHP or else) to a Zope site?

Cookies just work on the same site, hidden fields just work for 'post's.
So I'll probably have to pass the information in the URL.
My Q:
How do I get Zope to strip and evaluate the id information I pass in the URL
string, even if the Zope object I'm calling is not explicitly prepared to do
that (i.e. it is no DTML method that has code for this)?
Zope URLs are often created on the fly (db query), so the handling of the id
string in the URL has to be acquired by some inheritance magic, I guess.

Any ideas how to solve this? The inted is that the user doesn't have to login
twice (the session id could be stored in a common db).

Avus