[Zope] Updating ZClass instance properties

Alexandre Ratti ratti@dial.oleane.com
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 21:25:58 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to update the properties of a ZClass instance based on
information entered in a form. The form calls a method where the updating
is carried out.

The updating code looks like this:

<dtml-with "myObject">
  <dtml-call
"propertysheets.InstanceConstants.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">
  <dtml-call reindex_object>
</dtml-with>

If I hard-code the id of the instance ("myObject" here), everything works
fine.

However, if I tried to access the object id stored in the REQUEST object, I
get an error on "InstanceConstants".

Here is the code:

<dtml-with "REQUEST.id">
  <dtml-call
"propertysheets.InstanceConstants.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">
  <dtml-call reindex_object>
</dtml-with>

I tried many solutions, including <dtml-with "_[REQUEST.id]">, <dtml-with
REQUEST><dtml-with id>, etc. with the same results.

I think I need to access the object whose name is stored in REQUEST.id.
How can I do it?

Thanks.

Alexandre