[Zope] Compiling ZOracleDA on remote machine (was Re: SQL queries?)

Phil Harris phil@wigwamweb.net
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:35:12 +0100

Ethan,

My feeling would be that you can do just that,  I speak from experience of
the MySQL DA of course so I may be wrong about the Oracle DA.

I have compiled the MySQL DA on a machine without Zope and then move the
library to the Zope Machine and it works fine.

That assumes of course that the machines are the same, i.e. Both Linux or
Both NT etc..

Good luck

Phil
phil@WigWamWeb.net

-----Original Message-----
From: mindlace@turtle.esosoft.net [mailto:mindlace@turtle.esosoft.net]On
Behalf Of Ethan Fremen
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 11:17 AM
To: phd@phd.russ.ru
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Compiling ZOracleDA on remote machine (was Re: SQL
queries?)

Oleg Broytmann wrote:
>    You just need to connect your current DA to remote database.

thanks, Oleg and Phil, that's quite a relief. Now I'm confused about
compiling the ZOracleDA.  From what I read there, I need to have python
installed on the Oracle machine and build the DA on that machine.

Sun= www server
HPUX= Oracle server

Can I just copy $ORACLE_HOME/lib to the sun machine and then build the
DA or is there some other voodo I'd have to bring along?

thanks,
--
Ethan "mindlace" Fremen
you cannot abdicate responsibility