[Zope] Zope Components

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:13:04 +0000 (GMT)

Hi!

   Thanks.

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Acquisition is part of the ExtensionClass package, so that's what you need
> to install.

   I did this (actually, I have Zope up and running, I just want to use
some components in other projects).

> To use it, in the simplest way, make all your objects' classes inherit from
> Acquisition.Implicit.  Then, whenever you retrieve one object from another,
> it will acquire attributes from the object it was retrieved from.
>
> To loosen the rules slightly, the object you want to have acquire
> attributes from its parent is the only thing which needs to subclass from
> Acquisition.Implicit.  The parent can inherit from ExtensionClass.Base, if
> the parent does not itself need to acquire things from its parent.

   I think we need to mention to NOT override __getattr__, if I understand
how aquisition works; or at least override it with care, right?
   What if I want to avoid aquisition sometimes?

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru