[Zope] HELP: downloading file from netscape/old IE can froze zope

Gilles lavaux Gilles lavaux" <gilles.lavaux@esrin.esa.it
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:55:47 +0200

Martin wrote:
>What content-type is returned for the PNG images? If they are stored as
>File or Image objects, you can see this on the Edit tab. If it doesn't say
>'image/png' then this is your problem.

The .png is stored as 'application/octet-stream', but I am not really
concerned about what do the browser : I also store .exe .class .xml .zip
etc.., everything. In almost all cases I am perfectly happy that the files
are downloaded from zope to the computer. What I find not acceptable is that
if the transfer doesn't complete for some reason, Zope froze. Like in my
exemple with the cancel case:
-You cancel the transfer, You close the browser. Zope is still unreacheable,
and will never respond again.

I HAVE to find a solution to this, by putting a timeout somewhere in the
Http module or something else. I will try the python httpserver alone, to
see if he is the responsible. If it's not him, it's some zope1_10_3
component, or I am wrong??.

My last solution is to have a watch-dog which comunicate with Zope every n
sec, then kill it/restart it if it doesn't reply. But it's a ugly solution.

Gilles Lavaux