[Zope] HELP: downloading file from netscape/old IE can froze zope

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:15:41 +0200

At 14:55 28/10/99 , Gilles lavaux wrote:
>Martin wrote:
> >What content-type is returned for the PNG images? If they are stored as
> >File or Image objects, you can see this on the Edit tab. If it doesn't say
> >'image/png' then this is your problem.
>
>The .png is stored as 'application/octet-stream', but I am not really
>concerned about what do the browser : I also store .exe .class .xml .zip
>etc.., everything. In almost all cases I am perfectly happy that the files
>are downloaded from zope to the computer. What I find not acceptable is that
>if the transfer doesn't complete for some reason, Zope froze. Like in my
>exemple with the cancel case:
>-You cancel the transfer, You close the browser. Zope is still unreacheable,
>and will never respond again.
>
>I HAVE to find a solution to this, by putting a timeout somewhere in the
>Http module or something else. I will try the python httpserver alone, to
>see if he is the responsible. If it's not him, it's some zope1_10_3
>component, or I am wrong??.
>
>My last solution is to have a watch-dog which comunicate with Zope every n
>sec, then kill it/restart it if it doesn't reply. But it's a ugly solution.

Another guess: It sounds like Zope isn't closing the connection, as if it
is a HTTP/1.1 request that doesn't have a Connection: close header. Zope
then doesn't close, and everything hangs.

You'll have to somehow analyze what goes over the line, or use a debugger
to follow what goes on inside Zope.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer