[Zope] Another Annoying question...Name Space related I think...

Edward Muller emuller@PaineWebber.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 19:42:35 -0400

HELP!!!

I have created a default ZClass called FWAEvent

I added a few properties (title, date, description) on a property sheet with
the id of EventInfo.

I modified the default FWAEvent_addForm that was created for me to also get
the values for the above properties.

The problem is that I cannot figure out how to assign those properties in
the right place. All of my assignments seem to go to the properties in the
container of where I create and FWAEvent instance.

I've tried many variations.....But nothing works...below are some of the
variations of code that I have tried...

<dtml-with "FWAEvent.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],REQUEST)">
    <dtml-call "manage_changeProperties(title=_.getitem(REQUEST['id']))">
</dtml-with>

.or.

<dtml-with "FWAEvent.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],REQUEST)">
    <dtml-call "manage_changeProperties(title=_.getitem(REQUEST['id']))">
</dtml-with>

.or.
<dtml-with "FWAEvent.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'],REQUEST)">
       <!--#call "propertysheets.Basic.manage_editProperties(REQUEST)"-->
</dtml-with>
(Although I'm still not really sure what the above is supposed to do)

.or.

<dtml-with "_.getitem(REQUEST['id'])">
  <dtml-call "manage_changeProperties(title=_.getitem(REQUEST['id']))">
</dtml-with>

All of the above examples set the title of the container object...Obviously
I just don't get something...

Edward Muller / Firm Wide Architecture - Systems Architect
Paine Webber - 1000 Harbor Blvd. 5th Floor - Weehawken, NJ 07087
201-352-0190 - 201-272-7002 (fax) - mailto:emuller@painewebber.com