[Zope] Zope + Roxen Challenger: Is it possible?

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 01:23:46 -0600

Adrian Esteban Madrid wrote:

> Thanks for your help setting Zope on Roxen. Right now it looks like I'm
> half-way through the process. I did all that you said and I got to get the
> homepage. Nevertheless, that's how far I can get. No Zope logo, no Quickstart
> (I'm using the bare Zope install, no modifications yet). Anyway, I didn't
> follow your instructions _exactly_, I modified them for my installation but
> here it goes what I did.

[snippety-snip]

> >                Send decoded password : No
> >                Set the supplementary group access list : Yes
> >                Treat non-executable files as ordinary files : Yes
> >                Warn for CGIs executing as root : Yes
> >
> > 4. Add Zope.cgi to your Directory Module in Roxen.
>
> I copied /usr/local/zope/Zope.cgi to
> /usr/local/roxen/server/modules/directories

Not _exactly_clear, but this is not what you need to do. What ypou need
to do is to go to your "Directory Parsing Module" link in the management
sscreen for your virtual server. There you will see the index settings.
You need to add ",Zope.cgi" (no quotes) to the trailing edge of the
field.

> > 5. Permissions! If you set "Run scripts as :" to root:root, it will run.
> > But you don't want to do that. Create a new user, or use nobody:nobody
> > or something. Make sure to update /opt/zope to have the correct
> > permissions.
>
> I'm using Run scripts as: nobody:nobody in the CGI Executable Support module.

I had problems using the colon, but it worked fine when I changed it to
just nobody, YMMV

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl