[Zope] Re: Zope catalog question

Jason Spisak jason@mtear.com
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:44:27 GMT

Luke Tymowski writes:

> Hello Jason,
>
> My apologies for writing to you directly.
>
> I've a ZCatalog question and so far haven't got anywhere with the
> mailing list or on my own.
>
> When I run a search with the ZCatalog (to build the initial index) it
> stays in the root folder - it won't index the child folders.
>
> What has to be done to get it to index the child folders? It's probably
> pretty simple, but I'm not getting anywhere on my own.
>
> thanks,
>
> Luke

Luke,

If to build the initial index you mean "Search for Items to Catalog" then
if your Catalog is in the root folder, it should index all items that are
"Catalog Aware" in the whole tree. That means that ZClasses which you
create have to have the ZCatalog Aware Base class as the FIRST! base class.
 If any other class is before ZCatalog Aware, like Ojbect Manager, the
Catalog won't know that it exists. Also make sure that the meta_types box
in the search form has "All Types" selected with no other resrtictions.

Good luck,

Jason Spisak
webmaster@hiretechs.com