[Zope] Password 2nd Posting

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 08:37:58 +0200

At 22:20 29-10-99 , Daniel G. Rusch wrote:
>Thanks for the reply,
>
>Before I posted my question, I crawled around
>lib/python/AccessControl/User.py, I saw both the  _getPassword and
>authenticate methods.
>
>But, getPassword raises the NotImplemented exception as noted below:
>
>  def _getPassword(self):
>         """Return the password of the user."""
>         raise NotImplemented
>
>and authenticate calls the getPassword method, as noted below:
>
>  def authenticate(self, password, request):
>         passwrd=self._getPassword()
>
>Am I missing something?

Yes, the BasicUser class is an interface definition. Actual User objects
are instances of the User class, which inherits from BasicUser, and defines
a proper _getPassword method. It doesn't have to implement the authenticate
method, it just inherits this from BasicUser.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer