[Zope] Generating unique keys

gtk gtk@well.com
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 21:49:00 +1000

> Bugger. They're not pickle-able.

Now, here's a funny.

I put together a seperate module called ShrubLock which acquires its own
lock, then used it to [attempt to] prevent more than one instance of my
Shrubbery from entering a particular piece of code which checks in a
non-Zope database to figure out what number it should use next.

I was still getting Z2 conflicts, so -- figuring that each class had its own
ShrubLock, or something wierd -- I whacked in a lot of debugging code to
figure out what was going on.

The problem isn't name conflicts, I've figured out. It's the fact that Zope
just can't deal with more than one request trying to modify a single
object -- including, the ObjectManager I'm trying to add things to.

Regards,
Garth.

--
<gtk@well.com>