[Zope] Java Port

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 10:21:18 -0500

On 10/30/99 5:04 AM, smoerk@gmx.de at smoerk@gmx.de wrote:

>>> Did anyone try to port Zope to Java (using JPython)?
>>
>> I guess that to basic technologies of Zope, ExtensionClass
>> and Aquisition, are not ported to JPython.
>
> Did anyone try to compile Zope with JPython?

Nope, and it would require large amounts of C code be ported from the rather
easy CPython/C interface to JNI, which is to be kind, baroque and obtuse. If
someone wishes to do this, we certainly wouldn't stop them, but it's not a
strategic direction for us at this point, and therefore we have no resources
to dedicate to it.

Patches accepted. :-)

Chris