[Zope] Faking a login

Itai Tavor itavor@bigpond.net.au
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 18:05:32 +1000

Hi,

I'm developing a Zope site, and during development anonymous access
is disabled to it. I need to allow people who get to the site by
clicking on a link in another site to get in without a password. What
I thought to do was create a "gateway_html" document with anomymous
access enabled, and in it check HTTP_REFERER against the URL of the
forwarding page. If they match, I want to login the user as user
"Preview", which has permission to view the site, without presenting
a login dialog. Is this possible?
--
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itavor@vic.bigpond.net.au       --               - Kermit the Frog --