[Zope] Zope Newbie Needs Install Help

Heiko Stoermer heiko@mig.net
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 15:17:52 +0200

John,
smile for a while...
:)

I don't want to frustrate you, but installing it was the slightest
problem...

One thing that might be important for you: Zope _requires_ python ver.
1.5.2.
AFAIK it will not work with any other version. so if you have python
preinstalled on your machines, you're likely to run into problems
because
1.5.2 is not the latest python release!

On my Debian/Linux, I just grabbed the latest binary beta release for
Linux
(Beta6), and installed it according to the README. It was absolutely no
problem.

You might want to check your python interpreter and then report to the
list
if this was the problem.
and next time: ask the list members earlier ;)  I found all of these
people
to be extremely nice, they helped me an awful lot.

Heiko.