[Zope] Validate fields?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 16:08:25 +0300

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> I expect I'll start with this next month or so. :) (I also got some
> simplistic prototype ZClass working that does at least server side
> validation, and I had someone figure out some client side javascript
> validation, so the pieces are falling into place)

Trusting what came from the client side is what caused the Hotmail bug, so
you have to do validation on the server side even if you checked on the
client side.  It does save time for the user, since if they enter a
malformed email it'll tell them right away without reloading the whole page.

--
Itamar - itamars@ibm.net