[Zope] cutoff documents using Zope 2 w/ IIS + SSL

Brian Hooper brian@garage.co.jp
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 20:57:07 +0900

Hi -

I have a weird problem which I was wondering if anyone might have seen
something like this before - it is kind of specific, in particular using
IIS and SSL with Zope 2 on Win32.  It seems with certain clients (such
as Netscape 4.0x, Mac IE 4, etc.), the very bottom part of pages is
being cut off when viewed through IIS, over PCGI.  Does this sound like
an issue with IIS (either with the ISAPI that's doing SSL, or with IIS
itself), with the clients which are viewing it, or some combination of
both (maybe, most likely)? Has anyone seen anything like this, or have
any suggestions as to how to deal with it?

Since ZServer serves out the same pages correctly without any problems,
I suspect IIS madness - could it be that IIS is screwing with the
headers and making a mess of things (I thought of: maybe it's not
returning a correct Content-Length?).  Something that seems related -
unwanted Authorization dialogs popping up upon accessing the part of the
site which is accessed via IIS/SSL/PCGI - is this also likely to be
something with screwed HTTP headers?  This behavior also seems highly
client specific.

Any opinions or comments?

--Brian Hooper