[Zope] Problems in 2.0 using ZServer ws. using IIS

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Mon, 06 Sep 1999 13:55:13 -0700

At 01:27 PM 9/6/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a project that is being developed for in house use. It will need to
run
>under IIS in order to use SSL. We are about 2-3 weeks away from deployment.
>
>I have a problem with truncated results being sent back whenever I am routing
>through the pcgi wrapper under IIS. Icons do not render completely (if at
all)
>and html pages are often truncated.

I haven't run PCGI with IIS for a while, but I recall problems like these a
long time ago. IIRC, there was an issue of IIS replacing all newlines in
returned output with CRNL, even binary responses. This breaks images and
causes problems with content-length headers no longer being valid. Argh!
There may be some IIS knob to adjust this, but I don't know what it is.

As for the truncation, I'm not sure. I haven't seen this.

>I access zope with http://IP-ADDRESS/scripts/zope.cgi/...
>
>When accessing via http://IP-ADDRESS:8080/... I do not encounter these
problems.

>An article on the Microsoft Web site claims that these types of CGI
problems are
>caused by improperly written CGI processes runnig under IIS 4.0, which
>implements the CGI standards more strictly than previous versions.

Hmm. Any specifics on what has changed? I'd be more than happy to help with
fixes to these problems if I had a little more to go on in terms of what
IIS is expecting that it isn't getting.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

-Amos