[Zope] Re:A tree and a form

Wim Vanroose vanroose@ruca.ua.ac.be
Tue, 07 Sep 1999 10:52:21 +0200

Hi,

    I played around a little bit with the Tree at home.  I will try to
summarize it.    When you hit the +/- signs of a tree, you are actually
hitting a <a href>   Where the link contains some information of the
tree.  When this is replaced in the lib/python/TreeDisplay/TreeTag.py
by a form  <form action= > <input type=hidden name=tree-e value=  >
<input  type=image ... > where  action point to the Tree page and the
tree-e variable contains the tree information.  The image is then used
as a map and is a replacement of the submit button.

Trouble is that the tree-e information contains something like
"abunchOfCharacters#1"  The "#" character is transformed into something
%06 by the post-encoding.   And the whole stuff does not work anymore.
should I  also change the  parsing of the tree information?

    My conclusion is that a tree in  zope1.3  cannot work together with
a form.

Vanroose Wim