[Zope] Editing DTML Methods with Emacs ?

flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 15:27:38 +0200

I remember this problem was raised here once, but I don't know if there's
a solution now: I'd like to use something else than Netscape's text widget
to edit my Zope site. XEmacs would be preferred. Ftp access to the site
does work with the /superuser@host#8021:/ syntax. The problem is that if
I edit and save a DTML method with XEmacs, the method turns into a DTML
document, breaking the logic of the site.

I think I understood the underlying problem (ftp just can't express the
differences between the objects), but I don't remember if there was any
workaround.

So what do people use to prototype Zope sites ? Are you all stuck with
the Zope web management interface ?

	Gregor