[Zope] allowing users to create their own accounts

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.net
Tue, 07 Sep 1999 13:53:45 -0700

veritas wrote:

> hi all!
>
> i have been using Zope for a couple of days now, and lovin' it.....
>
> although, i do have a question:
>
> i'm working on a site which allows anyone to create an account and with that
> account submit articles via a form on a submission page.  basically, i am
> trying to get this to a point in which anyone with an account can add
> articles or perhaps edit their existing articles, so on, so forth.  then once
> an article is posted it sends me an email to check it out.  once i approve
> it, i then use Zope's versioning abilities, I could then publish that object
> which would allow anyone to see it. my question is this, knowing that this
> very much possible with Zope, how might one go about implementing something
> like this?

It's already been implemented.

Check out Squishdot (http://members.tripod.com/squishdot ,
http://www.squishdot.org) a Zope product based on Confera.

There are several sites that use Squishdot already, like my own FIAWOL
(http://fiawol.com) and Bruce Perens' Technocrat (http://www.technocrat.net),
and many others.

There are two other products yopu should check out: KM|Net News, and the
not-yet-released update to Confera called ZDiscussions.

HTH,

Michael Bernstein.