[Zope] The Honest Scoop on Zope

John Goerzen jgoerzen@complete.org
08 Sep 1999 13:58:59 -0500

"Phil Harris" <phil@philh.org> writes:

> > interactive stuff.
>
> I can almost guarantee that you will be up and running in no time.

Well, I've been working with it for some time and am still confused as
to how to do simple things like set variables properly, cast data
types (ie, string to a date, etc.), and why variables sometimes
disappear.  Also the syntax is a little strange (I can't figure out
how to embed a quation mark inside a string passed to a function in
dtml-call), so the learning curve is not exactly great, but otherwise,
I really like it.  The documentation is rather sparse, which hurts
more than it otherwise would.  Perhaps if I knew Python, it would be a
bit better?

This is from someone that has extensive experience with programming
and does Perl and CGI for a living, so...

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
The 520,865th digit of pi is 3.