[Zope] Login?

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 05:52:46 -0400

> I am planning to create a registration product that will
> validate new users
> against an LDAP directory.
> i.e.
> 	The user fills out the registration form.
> 	Zope verifies that the user exists in the directory.
> 	If the lookup succeeds
> 		Zope creates a user login and lets the user
> know that his
> registration is suceeded.
> 	else
> 		Zope sends e-mail to the administrator and
> tells the user
> who that administrator is.
>

> If anyone has done this already, or is doing this, I will
> work with you.
> Otherwise, I will probably get around to this in about two weeks.

Please share a few more details.  I don't quote follow what you're
trying to do.  We are in beta with an consulting application that makes
HEAVY use of LDAP.  It derives from:

(a) Anthony Baxter's LDAP work,
(b) recent work by CodeIt Computing on LDAPUserFolders and,
(c) a lot of integration/polish/implementation by Jeffrey Shell here at
DC.

(a) and (b) are available on the zope (new?) web site.  We plan to make
the fruits of (c) generally available once we've had a moment or two to
bake into a final form and document it.

--Rob