[Zope] Need ZCatalog help

John Goerzen jgoerzen@complete.org
10 Sep 1999 08:39:48 -0500

Martijn Pieters <mj@antraciet.nl> writes:

> At 04:26 10/09/99 , John Goerzen wrote:
> >First.  I created a ZClass in my own Application with my Events
> >class.  Do I need to delete it and recreate it so that it lists
> >ClassAware as one of its meta types?
>
> Yes, make sure that CatalogAware is the first object in the list! This is
> important.

This is very strange.  It won't let me!

> If it is the first item, it'll catalog itself by default in the catalog
> named, surprisingly, 'Catalog'. This default can be changed by calling

How does it know where to find this catalog?

> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('body_text', '"Martijn Pieters" and not "Martijn
> Faassen"')">

Exceptt that is a quoting problem there, which Zope won't like.  I've
been wondering how to solve just a problem myself.  (The first " will
be taken as ending the expr for call)

Thanks for all the information, it is VERY useful!

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
The 149,679th digit of pi is 4.