[Zope] NEWBIE QUESTION

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:46:38 -0500

As far as I know you will need to run Zope on a Windows system because ODBC is
the only way I know to access an Access database. As far as I know there are no
ODBC drivers available on Linux to access Access on Windows. (We run zope on NT
because we must access Visual FoxPro tables.)

             Jim Sanford
     ^       Database Engineer
    ^ ^  ^   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
   ^   ^     720 Oak Circle Drive East
  ^  ^  ^    Mobile, AL 36609
 ^ ^     ^   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
^         ^  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
             Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

Source Code, No Royalties, Any CPU...It just make sense !
-----Original Message-----
From: CURTIS David <David.Curtis@state.or.us>
To: IPM Return requested (Receipt notification requested) <Zope@zope.org>
Date: Friday, September 10, 1999 3:32 PM
Subject: [Zope] NEWBIE QUESTION

FRIENDS OF ZOPE,
I am in the process of upgrading software for a weekend install on a RedHat 6.0
Linux intell box.  I have 3 questions.
1.)  Are there Zope 2.0 RPMS available for  RedHat 6.0 ?
2.)  Are there MSACCESS (I know, I know) database adapters available?
3.)  Is Postgress or is MySQL  a better adapter for ZOPE?
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!!!!