[Zope] outstanding zclass questions.

Nick Garcia ngarcia@codeit.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:16:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, chas wrote:

> >> 6. As per previous email and post : what permissions need to be set in
> order
> >>    to create a product that has a zclass within a zclass ? Has anyone
> got this
> >>    working yet (other than Kevin Dangoor who didn't use the standard zope
> >>    permissions in KmNews) ?
> >
> >This would need to be documented.  Even I'm unclear on the details.
> >Isn't this the same as question number 2? ;)
>
> Sort of - it all comes down to "how do we use zope permissions ?".
> But question 6 describes a situation that many people will find
> themselves in when building products with nested classes. Are
> they broken or is there some secret voodoo mantra that we must
> chant to get it to work ?

Ok, I've been playing around with this for the past two days, and here's
what I've been able to figure out so far:

1) Create a Product.
2) Create a ZClass (Class1).
3) In Class1, create a ZClass (Class2).
Class2". Click Change.
(without changing anything).
6) Go to the root of your Zope installation and add Class1.  Open Class1
and click Add.

Works here!  I think the key step in getting it to work correctly is top
open "Class2_factory" and click Change.  I don't think it's setting up the
link to Class2_addForm correctly when it first gets created.

Nick Garcia | ngarcia@codeit.com
CodeIt Computing | http://codeit.com