[Zope] http, firewalls, and non-":80" ports...

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 00:14:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Rick Burque wrote:

> In scanning this list while trying to attain higher levels of zope
> conciousness, I have seen
>
> http://www.zope.org:18200/Members/paul/Links/UpsideInterview
>
> and lots of other non ":80" http ports referenced. Because I work behind
> a firewall this effectively stops me from accessing these sites.
Well, if you are just interested, than this is the signal to stop wasting
company time. OTOH, if you are doing for work, complain to your admins ;)

Additionally, you should try to use your proxy server, which might help
too.

> I would suggest I am not the only zoper with this problem. Is the
> increasing use of the non- :80 port on www.zope.org a permanent thing or
> just part of some transition to the new Zope site?
Well, it's currently the beta of the new zope site.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +43/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256