[Zope] Zope and Disk Quotas and Docs, Oh my!

Tom Schwaller Tom.Schwaller@linux-magazin.de
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 02:48:25 +0200

Dan Feldman wrote:

> One other question: This project will probably have to have an e-mail
> interface. I could implement an SMTP server in Python that interfaces with
> Zope, but it would be much simpler to have a web-page interface that
> connects to an IMAP back end. It would be easiest to validate users who
> log on against the IMAP server, so all the passwords stay consistent. How
> difficult would it be for me to create an IMAPUserFolder product, a bit
> like the NisUserFolder and the SmbUserFolder? Is this practical?

Maybe we should solve this problem once for all by designing
a Userfolder-Product which can authenticate users with data coming from

/etc/*
NIS
SMB
LDAP
IMAP
Radius
Databases

kind of PAMUserFolder with a plugin-architecture. This should really be
a standard Zope UserFolderProduct.

well, just my 2 cents

--

Tom