[Zope] strange error with lines property

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:03:32 +0200

At 10:04 13/09/99 , Heiko Stoermer wrote:
>I have a DMTL-Document with lines property.
>in an external method I gather lines of text from a file, concatenate
>them into a long string with '\n' as line separator and
>manage_changeProperties() this string into the lines property of my
>document.
>now: everything works well (e.g. displaying the lines in my document),
>but if I go to the documents property page in zope I get the following
>error:
> >Error Type: InError
> >Error Value: Strings are not allowed as input to the in tag.

That is because internally, the lines are stored like a list, that's what
the property type is for. Only for input on the properties form is it
converted to \n delimited lines.

When manage_ChangeProperties is called from the web, Zope has already
marshalled the :lines property into a list, so your DTML code should hand
it a list as well. All you have to do is leave out the concatenation.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer