[Zope] Newbie needs advice

picasso@videotron.ca picasso@videotron.ca
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:15:53 -0400

HI,

I have been playing with Zope for a few days, and I am trying to evaluate
whether it could fit our needs.

We are a group of people working in graphic design, both for printing and
for the web. We are all located in different cities and have different
specialties, but work on common projects.

For each project, we must exchange numerous files containing some
"metainformation" (for instance, project id, steps in the project, etc.).

We are looking for a tool to help us manage and keep track of our projects
and of the people involved in them. Most of these people are not
computer-savvy, so that application should be easy to master by the end
user. It should also have the following characteristics:
- fast to implement;
- very modular and incremental: some things should be implemented quickly,
while more sophisticated tools could be implemented later.
- highly cost effective (we are a small business).

I have been considering using Zope for this project, or perhaps Zope +
MySql. Please let me know if you have any advice or suggestions as to what
would be good for this kind of undertaking. Feel free also to let me know
if I have to be more specific in my queries.

Oscar Picasso