[Zope] NT Install Problem with Zope 2.0.0

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:37:30 -0400

> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this question has been answered already... I tried a search
> but to no avail...
>
> Trying to install Zope 2 on my NT machine I got the following error
> message near the end of install (97%)
>
> "You do not have access to make the required system configuration
> modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrators
> account".
>
> And the install aborts after I okeyed the dialog.
>
> Problem is I'm logged in as the administrator for this machine!
>
> Any clue as to what the installer is trying to do and how I could work
> around this problem would be very much appreciated.

Note that "administrator for this machine" may be a little
vague - it is possible to make someone basically a local
administrator but not give them quite all of the rights of
a domain admin. In particular, check to be sure that you
have been granted rights to change the registry and to
create services on the local machine...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909