[Zope] Cacheing

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 11:03:24 -0400

> You want to cache a high-demand page for one minute or until new
content is
> added, whichever is *longer* (updates are frequent, and would  defeat
the
> cache).  You create a ZCache object such that it will be

<snip>

> Thoughts?

This sounds like a neat approach.  If I understand correctly, you might
start a site using a (for example) DTML Method called:

dtBigExpensivePage

in a Folder called foo (e.g., http://machine.com/foo/dtBigExpensivePage

Over time you learn that dtBigExpensivePage is, in fact, expensive to
render.  Sooo, you might create a ZCache object in Folder foo called
dtBigExpensivePage and move the DTML Method dtBigExpensivePage into the
ZCache (a folderish thing) object dtBigExpensivePage.

As a result, you'd be able to access
http://machine.com/foo/dtBigExpensivePage and get the cached rendering
and maybe access:

http://machine.com/foo/dtBigExpensivePage/dtBigExpensivePage to get the
uncached rendition.

Of course, this lets you, over time and selectively build cached
renditions of expensive objects...

Did I get that right?
--Rob