[Zope] does Win ZServer need TCP/IP?

tommy b iamtommyb@excite.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:56:11 PDT

Hello
Is TCP/IP needed to use ZServer for only "local" hosting?  Is there another
meathod (i.e. Java script) that a local host server can access zope pages?

I tried to run ZServer with from a fresh Zope 2.0.0 installation on my Win95
machine.  After running the start.bat, I got the following output:

--v ouput start
F:\Util\ZopeTest>"F:\Util\ZopeTest\bin\python.exe" "F:\Util\ZopeTest\z2.py"
-D

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "F:\Util\ZopeTest\z2.py", line 394, in ?
    from ZServer import setNumberOfThreads
  File "F:\Util\ZopeTest\ZServer\__init__.py", line 123, in ?
    from HTTPServer import zhttp_server, zhttp_handler
  File "F:\Util\ZopeTest\ZServer\HTTPServer.py", line 116, in ?
    from HTTPResponse import make_response
  File "F:\Util\ZopeTest\ZServer\HTTPResponse.py", line 97, in ?
    from PubCore.ZEvent import Wakeup
  File "F:\Util\ZopeTest\ZServer\PubCore\ZEvent.py", line 91, in ?
    Wakeup=trigger().pull_trigger
  File "F:\Util\ZopeTest\ZServer\medusa\select_trigger.py", line 99, in
__init_

    a = socket.socket (socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
  File "F:\UTIL\ZOPETEST\BIN\lib\plat-win\socket.py", line 21, in socket
    return _socketobject(_realsocketcall(family, type, proto))
socket.error: (10047, 'winsock error')

F:\Util\ZopeTest>
^-- output end

I was trying to avoid loading TCP/IP on my computer that I'll write & test
my zope web sites for security reasons.  I'll use NetBUI to transfer the
files to my host after testing them out.
thanks for any help!
tomB