[Zope] Error compiling ZMySQLDA with Zope 2.0

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 05:19:18 +0800

At 12:39 AM 9/14/99 +0000, ben andrew fulton wrote:
>Hi. I know the ZMySQLDA doesn't fully support parts of Zope 2.0, but I
>haven't seen anything claiming that I can't compile it with the new
>version. Below is what I get after unpacking the DA to the Zope lib
>directory and following the directions for the first make instruction.
>Any ideas what I need to change on the commandline or in the script to
>make this work?

Just for the record : compiling ZMySQLDA was such a pain in the
arse for me that I simply rebuilt my Python1.5.2 with the MySQL
module. If all else fails, you may wish to try that - it was
much quicker and easier. You still need to place the ZMySQLDA
product in the products directory but no need for recompile.
You can test if MySQL module is compiled ok within python1.5.2
by importing it at the interpreter :
>>> import MySQL

hth,

chas