[Zope] Using DTML method without HTML rendering?

Li Dongfeng mavip5@inet.polyu.edu.hk
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:33:08 +0800

The basic benefit of DTML method and document is
that you can use dynamic substitution in
the contents. This is like the "macro" mechanism
in C(of course, much more powerful).

Question:
  Can I use the dynamic substution of DTML,
but suppress the HTML rendering?

  For example, if I have a source program
saying

    x <- 1

the DTML rendering will convert the string
to "x &lt;- 1". Can I suppress this? How can
I do this in Python code?

  If I can use the DTML dynamic substitution
without HTML rendering, I can let users
to input some program parameters in HTML
form and run the program(in my case, an
statistics server based on R) through the
Zope server. This can simplify HTML code,
I can simply use e.g.
   n <- <dtml-var number_of_person>
   p <- <dtml-var probability_level>
in the program. Or else I have to