[Zope] how to print error stack trace

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:51:27 +0200

At 17:53 09/09/99 , Michel Pelletier wrote:
> > Maybe use the context build up until the error occurs?
> >
> > /a/b/c/*BANG*
> >
> > use /a/b/c/standard_html_error
> >
> > /a/b/c/d/*BANG*
> >
> > use /a/b/c/d/standard_html_error..
> >

>This is how it works now.
>
>I think what Evan was pointing to is the pre-2.0 behavior of using
>hardwired error pages for errors which happen before a context is even
>entered, like 404 NotFound and 500 ServerError.
>
>-Michel

Why not the 404 NotFounds? REQUEST.traverse builds up a list of parents, so
this could be used as a context for NotFound errors. It will also enable us
to customize the error message. Can't we somehow pass the list build by
REQUEST.traverse back to ZPublisher.Publish.publish, and then use this list
for finding the standard_error_message?

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer