[Zope] ZMySQLDA does not work in Zope 2.0

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:53:44 -0400 (EDT)

On 15 Sep 1999, CURTIS David wrote:

> I saw a post from adjustman@comstar.net

Heh, that's a good one.

> telling me that MySQLdb-0.1.0
> is now in beta and can be downloaded.  Is this adapter file to be used
> instead of ZMySQLDA?  I can't find a new adapter for MySQL3.23.  Is
> there an alternate approach to using MySQL databases?  Should I use
> the postrgreess database adapter?

Okay, my DB API v2.0-compatible interface for MySQL-3.22 and Python-1.5.2
is available at:

	http://starship.python.net/crew/adustman

This by itself will not let Zope use it. You also need ZMySQLDA, which you
should find somewhere on www.zope.org. BUT, you also need to apply the
patch for ZMySQLDA which is in the MySQLdb distribution; otherwise
ZMySQLDA uses an older MySQL interface (MySQLmodule-1.4) which is designed
for MySQL-3.21.

Note: There may be yet another bug in my ZMySQLDA patch, or it may be in
_mysql; I haven't decided which it is yet, but it has to do with the
column types which are returned in some situations (NOT NULL columns).

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d