[Zope] Lost inheritance

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:04:45 -0400

Bruce Elrick wrote:

> Hello...
>
> I've looked at the traceback and into the source files, but do not know enough
> Zope, Python, or Squishdot (or Confera) to understand what happens.  In
> Squishdot, the addPostingForm DTML_Method has a form with an action of ".".  I
> assume this loads the index_html of the Squishdot site which then processes
> the form data and then renders the updated front page.  But when I look at
> index_html, I can't see how it would do that.  Clearly I don't understand the
> inner workings.

<form action="."> will call the *object* that defines the method that
displays the form.  If the method is not callable, then index_html will
be called.  I don't know much else about Squishdot, so I can't help you
any further than that.  I can give you an example though.  If your
object define three methods:

class MyObject(...):

  showAnHTMLForm = HTMLFile(...)

  def methodOne(self, REQUEST):

  def methodTwo(self, REQUEST):

And 'showAnHTMLForm' contained:

<form action="." method=POST>
<input type="submit" name="methodOne:method" value=" Call methodOne ">
<input type="submit" name="methodTwo:method" value=" Call methodTwo ">
</form>

then your form will call 'methodOne' or 'methodTwo' depending on the
button clicked.  Notice the 'action' attribute of the form tag.

-Michel