[Zope] Need ZCatalog help

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:11:37 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Woolford <stuartw@newmail.net>
To: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 15, 1999 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Need ZCatalog help

>happily, I've got a ZClass working with auto-adding to a catalogue called
>'Catalog'  in the same directory as I dtml-create the ZClass objects,
however,
>I've noticed one strange thing (which I'm sure is my fault..) - when a new
item
>gets auto-added, the ZSearch I have in that same directory suddenly only
finds
>one item in the ZCatalogue, and NONE of the meta-data is there, only the ID
>(and modification time), however, all gets fixed if I open the ZCatalogue
in
>manage and do an update of it's catalogues objects..
>
>Could someone please tell me what I'm going wrong???? I would have expected
the
>auto-adding feature (which is basically working) to just make this happen
>smoothly, as it is presented as a totally automatic system (which is good)
:)

When you change/edit the properties for the ZClass instance, these changes
do not automatically make it into the catalog.

You ZClass_add method probably has a call to manage_editProperties or
manage_changeProperties... *After* that call, do
<dtml-call reindex_object>

Also, you can't use the normal property editing page. You need to create
your own edit page with a simple DTML method to save the changes like so:
<dtml-call "manage_editProperties(REQUEST)">
<dtml-call reindex_object>

Kevin