[Zope] Aliasing property names

Albert Kinderman albert.kinderman@csun.edu
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 08:03:40 -0700

I have developed a ZClass for adding members to faculty committees.
Members are "folders" with properties name, reason (appointed, elected
by college, elected at large, etc.), department, term, and email.  The
id should be something like member1, but I would like the title to be
identical to name.  That is, the manager of the committee would enter
the name of the person in the name box of the memberClass_addForm
without seeing a title box, but the title of the folder would be set to
the same thing as name.  The alias would have to be persistent in the
sense that if member1 resigned and the name was changed to the name of
the new member, the title would also change.  The reason is that in the
contents page, the folder would be listed as     member1 (Albert
Kinderman).

Similarly, in an Agenda product, the date should be aliased with the
title, so that the folder that contained all the agendas would have a
contents that listed  agenda1-1999 (September 18, 1999).

Thanks.

Al