[Zope] documents, methods and roles

Kaleissin taliesin@nvg.org
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 19:34:50 +0200

According to "How-To: How to use a different index method than 'index_html'",
one should create a DTML *Method* containing only

<dtml-var whatsits>

reading in the whatsits that is the 'default' you want to use. (Doesn't say
whether 'whatsits' should be a DTML Document or DTML Method).

Did that, my index_html *method* in '/' now reads in a different object.

The problem is that Anonymous users seems not to be able to use index_html...
Asking specifically for something works, like 'spam.org/quiche.html'.
'spam.org/' or 'spam.org' does not, you get asked for a username/password...
I haven't changed the permissions on anything in '/' from the default, just
added some more roles.

If the index_html is a DTML *Document*, Anonymous readers get to see it,
however then subfolders start to act strangely. Going to '/sub/', aquiring
index_html from higher up, prints out the whatsits at '/' and not the local
version.

Having an index_html as a *method* in each and every subfolder, and index_html
as a *document* in '/' seem to work but this is such an inelegant kludge...

t.