[Zope] Confused about "configuration objects" in ZCMG

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:21:43 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@antraciet.nl>
To: Kuraiken <arashi1@pd.jaring.my>; ML - Zope <zope@zope.org>
Date: Monday, September 20, 1999 5:27 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Confused about "configuration objects" in ZCMG

>At 08:45 20/09/99 , Kuraiken wrote:
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I've been virtually tearing my hair out trying to figure out product
>>distributions.
>>
>>I've made distros of some products (with zclasses) and when I've installed
it
>>onto the new/target zopesite, the product does not work. I cannot add the
>>objects from the product. (that is, I cannot create instances of the
>>classes in
>>the product - they do not appear in the "Add List". On the original site -
>>where
>>the product package icon is "open", I can add the objects.)
>
>Distributed products are non-editable. You should be able to add instances
>of your ZClasses to Zope everywhere else.

For some reason, this hasn't worked for me. When I've tried to make KM|Net
News a "distributed" Product, it does not show up in the add list. That is
why my solution for distribution thus far has been to export it and have
people import the Product (this also has the added bonus of allowing people
to tinker with the code).

Kevin