[Zope] Rich client side questions

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:48:45 -0400

It should be straightforward enough (although not a trivial effort) to
extend ZPublisher to understand CORBA just like it understands HTTP and
FTP, WebDAV and XML-RPC.  In fact, the ORBish concepts in ZPublisher
would map rather nicely to CORBA.

>   o Any other ideas besides Java to do the client side work?

Too many possibilities to list.

> >   o If, I'm stuck using Java should I add a protocol such as NTTP-NG
> >     to Zope?

If you're going to bother adding a protocol, you might as well add CORBA
since there are existing python tools.

> >   o How well does Zope without Apache serve up applets?

They're just files right?  Should work the same as apache.

-Michel