[Zope] Squishdot problem with newlines

Jim Harrison jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:21:32 -0400

>Squishdot 1.5b running with Zope 2.0.1 (LinuxPPC), in "plain vanilla"
>form, returns the following error for a new posting if either the summary
>or the text field contains one or more newlines (posting from Navigator
>4.6 on a Mac):
>
>Zope Error
>Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
>Error Type: AttributeError
>Error Value: regs
>
>If the summary and text fields to not contain newlines, posting and
>display of messages works fine.

I answered my own question...Sorry for wasting bandwidth. In case this
would be useful to anyone else, this is a (previously unrecognized by me)
symptom of the older regex-dependent Squishdot. I had inadvertantly
downgraded SD after upgrading to Zope 2.0.1. Replacing Squishdot.py with
the version using re fixed the problem.

The updated version of Squishdot really needs to get out to the
distribution sites.

Jim Harrison

James H. Harrison, Jr., MD, PhD
Associate Director of Pathology Informatics, Department of Pathology
Faculty Member in Residence, Center for Biomedical Informatics
University of Pittsburgh Health System
C920 PUH, 200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu | voice: 412-647-5529 | fax: 412-647-9588

"If you want sense, you'll have to make it yourself!!"-Norton Juster